Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Life Is All About Me - Self-Esteem

 Aloha! :-)



Lighthearted morning thoughts for self-esteem:


Captain of my soul, captain of my ship, captain of my life.

I can hardly wait for the next turn, something wonderful is awaiting me.

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."  —Confucius

I nourish the universe and the universe nourishes me.

I am the center of my universe. I am my own point of attraction. I am a creator and co-creator. I am divinely inspired.

Many of the above thoughts and reflections are borrowed from Abraham Hicks either verbatum or in summarized fashion, and I've also been inspired today by Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge. Their messages are really beautiful and poignant; I recommend listening to them if you make some time.

As I was walking back home this morning from the gym something dawned on me...I understood that despite my attempts and desire to deeply connect with a partner and give my love to another, in the end, life keeps pointing me in a particular direction...Directing me towards myself.

That I should take the chance of this life and these somewhat formative years of my life to focus on my self-development and to do things for my own sake rather than being inspired by the love and passion that could be felt for and triggered by a romantic partner. For so long, I have not  explored deeply and consciously the things that make me happy and that feel fun to my inner child. It almost feels like living on standby "Adult person" mode, in a slight sense yet not completely.

In the past few weeks and months, I've been on a journey to understand and identify the things that give me joy, fun, happiness and satisfaction. This journey got kick-started by the end of a relationship, which is pretty standard. In terms of experiencing great fun, a big chunk of it is through exercise, for sure! I love to dance and take any opportunity at the gym studio after the weight session. I love being outdoors in nature and pampering myself. A key ingredient that is vital for my happiness is to feel like I have vibrant, warm friendships with kind, warm and well-meaning, like-minded friends. Relationships are probably at the top of my list, and the very top one and most crucial is the relationship I have with myself.



The experience of being a single woman, living alone overseas and being completely independent has clarified to me that I want and need to be my own best friend, to always support myself and have my back. I can always count on me and I can always look to myself for guidance and answers. I am that strong. We all are, deep inside.

I think that if any of us were to look back over the course of our lives so far we would appreciate that through thick and thin, through all the hardships, victories and obstacles, you have always been the constant. The one person that has ALWAYS been there - even when feeling depression, even feeling sadness and then of course in joy, happiness, bliss, passion, eagerness and excitement for things - that person has always been YOU. You have always been present and in attendance no matter what the occasion of your life. That is a constant and it will remain this way forevermore.

Isn't it wonderfully great to acknowledge and feel this truth, unmistakably and undeniably?

Beautiful wisdom. Soulful and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment