Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New Woman (poem by J.Arcila)

New Woman

I'm a different woman, now more than ever.
The clouds have lifted, on to other mountaintops


Scampering across my mind's eye
are thoughts and memories of the past
yet they are nothing more and fading fast.

That was then, this is now
That was me and this is me

I love them all, all the Me's

That's just how nature wants it to be.

Each moment, a precious gem,
shimmering in God's perfection
let me wear it, adore it, and prize it;
bask in its exquisite angles, glinting edges
and mesmerizing sheen.

New melodies are being sung
colors seem to glow unlike anytime before
A butterfly flutters on, leaving behind that rusty ol' cocoon
All my wishes and desires - exceedingly real,
Once upon a month, I make 10 wishes on the moon.


By. J.Arcila, April 1, 2014
The things that really matter, we already know by heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment