Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Confessions of dating "Not The One"

Sometimes the changes we seek from others, especially those closest in our lives, are the changes that we actually want to effectuate in ourselves.

Similarly, the criticisms or judgments we make of others are the critiques we impose on ourselves, consciously or unconsciously.

The point? You have all the answers within your very own self. Whilst you can admire and appreciate certain aspects in another it doesn't necessarily mean you need to own, possess or have these qualities through the 'having' of the person. We can appreciate someone without needing to 'own' them.'

As the saying goes, "Be the change you want to see."

Accept the other as they are here and now because this is who they are and who they can/will remain being for the rest of their life. Of course, there is also the possibility for people to change and they do many times, however, it's not a certainty.


Truth is I am very thankful, grateful and fortunate to have a loving partner in my life (back in March 2014). This is what I have always wanted, my heart's deepest desire, and it has come true. Someone special with all the qualities I listed and I am so surprised he fills them all!*Written in March 2014.

Confession:

I do not yet have a feeling that he is "the one" - if there even is such a thing - however my Inner Being and intuition invites me to be patient, take it easy and take my time enjoying the development of the relationship, and to give it a chance. Love grows over time and not on trees...

There is such a thing as a 'spark' or 'chemistry' and while I don't feel it quite yet, it can develop over time.

Perhaps the value is to have someone with whom I enjoy being, sharing time, whom I can trust and be myself.

Confession/ Living "As-If"
I want to experience and feel the spark when I see my husband; I delight in feeling his soft aggression, and sturdy masculine energy - we are perfect complements to each other.
We are both deeply in love and have a loving, passionate, understanding, supportive and caring relationship with each other. Thank you, dear Universe, for giving me and blessing me with the most wonderful caring partners in the universe for me!!! I am so, so happy and so, so ecstatic and I am with my soul mate, life partner and handsome man of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment