Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Homesick" - Poem by J.Arcila

Homesick

It seems we each made a deal
Sometime before birth, we agreed this is how it will be
This is how I'd like my life to go.

My life,
I'd like to share my time with these folks,
laugh at these times and cry at these others
It should all work in some balance,
Contrary Forces inevitably coexisting.

I chose to live this way.

Sometimes I miss that thing which I cannot name
The other half.
After some time, I am humbled by life experience
such that I no longer crave this mythical thing
that which I never had, the story the movies told.

I've been humbled.

Rather I am longing for a familiar time
A time with loved ones
I know it all too well, thankfully
A moment amongst many moments we have lived and shared.
Joyful, fun, whimsical and sincere instances of being family.

I miss my family
and they miss me too.
How is it we are oceans apart...
And yet so much love?
Ah yes - Contrary forces inevitably coexisting.
The path of life, the journey of the soul

Oh, the contrast really strikes my core,
Like a folk music player stringing familiar cords on his faithful wooden guitar.

The contrast sears my heart and bids me to conjure emotions of wanting and also,

Gratitude

For in the end we have this life to live
A family to love, somewhere
We made our choices well in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment