Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Living on Repeat? Repetition, Passion, Creativity


Each day feels like a new beginning and a new blessing. However, there are some days when I wake up and it also feels like I'm on 'repeat'. I asked my friends if they feel the same way sometimes, and it turns out I'm not the only one with the "Groundhog Day" syndrome (reference to Bill Murray's 1993 Classic "Groundhog Day" movie, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/"

I remember watching that movie as a little girl, I was 7, and it was entertaining then, although I wasn't old enough to appreciate that the movie was artfully and comically illustrating the sensation of living life on repeat.It seems that routine is inevitable once you get settled into life, and even when you add variety to the mix, even then there is routine and a cyclical nature to the routine. 

Even variety has a routine, and that's part of life.

Most days I don't wake up feeling like it's the same day; actually 95% of the time I awaken with eagerness, gratitude and appreciation that it's a new day, a new beginning, a fresh start. I am always enthused to prepare my coffee, take my supplements/vitamins, and have my pre-workout outs while listening to an interesting podcast, Ted Talk or other enlightening/entertaining YouTube video. Mornings are awesome. You are fresh, and anything is possible. Indeed, the world in this one day is brimming with potential and surprises.

The moments when I feel like I'm repeating life is when I experience lesser passion or excitement for some reason; perhaps lacking the excitement of romance  :-) Romance is definitely exciting. I love me some good, yummy, exhilarating, heart-rate pumping, butterflies-in-your-stomach romance.

The most important thing to appreciate is that life is what we make it, each day is our own creation and it comes down to including in it some of the main activities we enjoy. Even while we have to work, and we are not all doing something that fills us with joy or passion - it's a job to live and pay the bills - we can still manage to include activities that please us. Sometimes that means sacrificing here and there. 
For instance, I love to train to I wake up earlier than I need to so I can dedicate enough time to training before work. 
Training before work gives me relief and satisfaction which I carry in my spirit for the rest of the day. It's swell. 

As I'm preparing to leave the office now, another day completed work-wise,  I acknowledge I had completely new experiences, new thoughts, new sensations. Some of it had to do with conversations and also with how I view certain relationships and people I see every day, or almost daily.

We can definitely expand each day, and that means each day is unique and thus not a mere repetition. It comes down to how far our mind chooses to plunge into the day's opportunities and how far it will be open to creating, or entering, new circumstances. 

I constantly affirm to the universe that I am open to the circumstances, ideas, thoughts, people and situations that will enhance my quality of life, my personal development and my ability to continue living authentically and joyfully.

I am not so clear yet what I will be doing in 1 year, and certainly not in 3 years, or 5. However, I'm taking it by the day, toddler steps, whilst understanding that I am already an adult, I have established a very solid foundation through education, work experience and the current resources/support my company is offering me. This means I can accelerate and move faster than otherwise...This means I have an opportunity at my fingertips.
I want to seize the opportunity and really evolve to be an even better, stronger and joyful, resplendent, fulfilled person. To utilize my qualities and skills, all of them, applying them in a useful, enjoyable and satisfying way, whilst enjoying life and the people with whom I share it.

This is the wish I've already submitted to the Universe and I know it hears me loud and clear - she hears me each and every time...The other key ingredient is for me to align my energy, to align my own self to allow in what the universe is wanting to give me, and to accept in eagerness, enthusiasm and grace (rather than overwhelming myself).

I want to channel my creativity in a useful, fun, enjoyable, creative, content-producing way. And to have a life-long passion I can pursue professionally, and delight in every second that I'm doing so.


///


ps.
5 Feb 2013 - The workout! 6:45-8:15am

Upper body morning workout, following Jamie Eason's 30-Day Total-Body WO: 
Seated DB Shoulder Press - 15lbx10r 
DB Skullcrushers - 15lb/hand x10r + Narrow hold Chest pumps, 20x 
DB Lateral Raises - 10lbx12r, 12, 15 
Rear Delt DB Flyes, incline bench - 15lb x 15r 
Wide Grip Lat Pull-down - 55x12, 60lb x10, 60 x10, 65 x10r 
Reverse Grip Pull-Down - 110 x12, 120x10, 130x10 DB Curls - 2s: 15lb x12, 15lbx10, 15lbx20 Rope Bicep Curl: 2 sets, 60 x10r 
Spider Bicep Curl: 2sets, 15lb x 10 
Preacher Curl: 15lb x6, 10lb x20 
Bike Crunch - 3sets x25 
Mountain Climbers - 3sets x30 
Burpees - 3sets x 10

The hi-volume approach is targeting accelerating metabolism ergo fat burn. Awesome! 
I definitely feel it in my shoulders and back right now. :-) 
Happy training, y'all!!!
 ///



No comments:

Post a Comment